Monday, September 9, 2019

Craft Soda Week: The Best of Root Beer



This week the ol' blog is celebrating Craft Soda Week. Glug, glug, glug.

• • •

Ah, root beer. The finest of sodas. Look at nearly all the craft soda companies out there and I wager that you'll find more root beers than colas. (Cola is great, but we're talking root beer here, okay?)

What is it that makes root beer the flavor everyone wants to master? And what exactly makes a perfect root beer? Is it the bite? Is it the creaminess? Is it the sweetness or the rich flavor? I love a balance, but everyone has their own preference. Here are my favorites:

1.) Root Beer by Fitz's. Out of St. Louis, MO.

2.) Root Beer by Roots Pizza. Out of Chicago, IL.

3.) Root Beer by Dublin Bottling Works. Out of Dublin, TX.

4.) Root Beer by Sioux City, a subdivision of White Rock Beverages. Out of Queens, New York City.

5.) Root Beer by Henry Weinhard's, a subdivision of MillerCoors. Originally out of Colfax, CA.



1 comment:

Terry Brubaker said...

I have never tried any of these brands, but I will have to do so!!! I know that ever since I had my first encounter with Root Beer on my first trip to Wisconsin when I was 6 years old, I have thought the A & W Root Beer stands were THE BEST!!! Nothing like an icy mug of Root Beer Float!!! I know that the stands aren’t the same as they were in the 1950’s, but the memory still stands!!! Root Beer has always been my favorite soda.