I rarely eat at chain restaurants, but Cheesecake Factory is an exception. Their food is wonderful and comes in huge portions (enough for a certain tall and lanky fella), their menu options are endless and, of course, their dessert is superb. Other than Eli's Cheesecake World in Chicago, I have run into no other institution that serves up more than a few styles of cheesecake at a time.
Cheesecake Factory offers at least thirty varieties, with usually two to three new flavors they are testing. As you can probably imagine, I have tried nearly all of them (excluding those with coffee, banana or alcohol flavors). My favorites are, in order:
- Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake (tragically seasonal)
- Chocolate Pistachio Cheesecake (New!)
- Dutch Apple Caramel Steusel Cheesecake
- Craig's Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake (which truly is better than your average chocolate cheesecake)