Friday, July 25, 2008

I love my mom.

My mom called me yesterday afternoon for no other reason than to tell me this important information: On July 30, Cheesecake Factory will be selling slices of their cheesecake (in any flavor) for a mere $1.50! It says limit one slice per customer and that it is for dine in guests only. Lucky for me, I work but one block away. I will also bring a fake mustache and an assortment of hats.

I rarely eat at chain restaurants, but Cheesecake Factory is an exception. Their food is wonderful and comes in huge portions (enough for a certain tall and lanky fella), their menu options are endless and, of course, their dessert is superb. Other than Eli's Cheesecake World in Chicago, I have run into no other institution that serves up more than a few styles of cheesecake at a time.

Cheesecake Factory offers at least thirty varieties, with usually two to three new flavors they are testing. As you can probably imagine, I have tried nearly all of them (excluding those with coffee, banana or alcohol flavors). My favorites are, in order:

  • Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake (tragically seasonal)
  • Chocolate Pistachio Cheesecake (New!)
  • Dutch Apple Caramel Steusel Cheesecake
  • Craig's Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake
  • Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake (which truly is better than your average chocolate cheesecake)
I have tried some of their non-cheesecake desserts as well. They are also worth the trip. See you on July 30!

No comments: