Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Candy Dilemma

One of the biggest disappointments in my long, looong history of buying ice cream came the day I saw someone had finally created a chocolate covered pretzel ice cream! Be still my beating heart!

…And my heart did indeed go still when I cracked the lid to discover they actually meant vanilla ice cream-covered chocolate-covered pretzels.

Chocolate is a bold flavor, often dominant, but a thin layer around a sparse and scattered mix-in does not give me the fix I need. If God meant for candy to taste like vanilla instead of chocolate, the Mayans, who are historical for the for no reason other than their reverence of chocolate, would have been wiped off the face of the earth. Hmm…bad example.

It seems simple to me. Butterfingers are covered in chocolate. Baby Ruth is covered in chocolate. Reece’s Cups are covered in chocolate. So why are candy-centric ice creams vanilla-based? It leaves us chocophiles unsatisfied and frustrated. However, those of us who frequent distributors of soft serve ice cream creations, like Dairy Queen, can rise up! Order your next Butterfinger Blizzard with chocolate ice cream and taste the new thought model, my friends. Take it to the streets!

UPDATE: Canada got it right, so why not the US?

No comments: