Friday, January 31, 2014

Bobtail Year: Walnut Fudge

January is month eight of my Bobtail Year, two pints of Bobtail Homemade Ice Cream a month for donating to Oracle Theatre.

• • •

Things I always think I will like more than I actually do:
  • Looking out over cities from great heights
  • Wearing sweaters to the office
  • Clicking on links with clickbaiting captions
  • McSweeney's humor section
  • Reading books that came recommended by people who don't know my tastes
  • Every time I give in and watch a Will Farrell movie because a friend swears that "This one is different" (Spoiler alert: It's still Will Farrell.)
  • Rewatching sketches from my favorite years of SNL (My friend says Will Farrell's years were pretty funny, though.)
  • Listening to a pop punk band from the mid-90s that I never heard until now
  • New albums by The Roots
  • New albums by Weezer
  • New albums by Dashboa
  • New albums by any artist or group who has gone a long time without a good album
  • My first viewing of a Coen brothers movie
  • Noir
  • Quinoa
  • Walnuts
  • Fudge

Things that combine two disappointing things from the above list into something I enjoy:
  • Bobtail's Walnut Fudge ice cream, a fudgy, gooey ice cream that is rich with cocoa and crunchy with walnuts

No comments: