Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Chicago's Best Sweets #6-10



This week we explore the Top 25 Sweets in Chicago. (Jump to #21-25#16-20, #11-15, #1-5.)
• • •

6.) Apple Pie at Chopping Block
Don't tell my dad this, but this is the best apple pie I have ever eaten. Only available one weekend a year at Lincoln Square's AppleFest.

7.) Sour Cream Dutch Apple pie at Hoosier Mama Pie Company 
As I've said before, Hoosier Mama is the queen of the custard pies in Chicago...but her sour cream fruit pies are even better. I've also had the sour cream blackberry, which would rank equally high on this list. This one it just a titch better in my opinion.

8.) Chai-infused French Toast at Orange (pictured above)
I've blogged about this before, but I still believe it puts other French toasts to shame.

9.) Cookie Dough Peanut Butter milkshake at Chicago Diner
The best milkshake in the city is vegan. From the makers of the famous veggie Reuben sandwich comes a perfect milkshake. Did I mention it's vegan? It's vegan.

10.) Tagalong cake at Defloured
The best slice of cake I have eaten in my life...and it's from a gluten-free bakery! Defloured features a Cake of the Week and only offers this one once a year around Girl Scout season, but everything about it is worth the wait.

1 comment:

Online Bandhu said...

All desserts you mentioned are very delicious and I love enjoying those. Some desserts are here also...
Best Desserts In Chicago